During my PhD studies I participated in experiments on storage of quantum states inside atomic medium (so-called quantum memory). I have shown that it is possible to store and retrieve on-demand multiple photons as well as change the properties of resulting entangled state, using the spatial light modulator (SLM). These provide demonstrations of world-record capacity of quantum memory in terms of simultaneously stored modes, non-classicality of retrieved state (including realization of famous Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox in position-momentum domain) and the Hong-Ou-Mandel effect for collective atomic excitations (spin waves). The main motivation has been the creation of single-photon processor able to perform specific tasks for more complicated quantum circuits.
Based on my previous experience I have started the postdoctoral fellow in the field of quantum optics with scattering media, having in the back of my head the applications for biological imaging. In my current research project I try to build a quantum simulator based on wavefront shaping + scattering processes in complex media.
List of Publications :
- Parniak, M. Mazelanik, A. Leszczynski, M. Lipka, M. Dabrowski, W. Wasilewski, Quantum Optics of Spin Waves through ac Stark Modulation, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 063604 (2019),
- Dabrowski, M. Mazelanik, M. Parniak, A. Leszczynski, M. Lipka, W. Wasilewski, Certification of high-dimensional entanglement and Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen steering with cold atomic quantum memory, Phys. Rev. A 98, 042126 (2018),
- Leszczynski, M. Mazelanik, M. Lipka, M. Parniak, Dabrowski, W. Wasilewski, Spatially-resolved control of fictitious magnetic fields in cold atomic ensemble, Opt. Lett. 43, 1147 (2018),
- Parniak, M. Dabrowski, M. Mazelanik, A. Leszczynski, M. Lipka, W. Wasilewski, Wavevector multiplexed atomic quantum memory via spatially-resolved single-photon detection, Nat. Commun. 8, 2140 (2017),
- Dabrowski, M. Parniak, W. Wasilewski, Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox in a hybrid bipartite system, Optica 4, 272 (2017),
- Chrapkiewicz, M. Dabrowski, W. Wasilewski, High-capacity Angularly Multiplexed Holographic Memory Operating at the Single-Photon Level, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 063603 (2017),
- Mazelanik, M. Dabrowski, W. Wasilewski, Correlation steering in the angularly multimode Raman atomic memory, Opt. Express 24, 21995 (2016),
- Dabrowski, R. Chrapkiewicz, W. Wasilewski, Magnetically tuned, robust and efficient filtering system for spatially multimode quantum memory in warm atomic vapors, J. Mod. Opt. 63, 2029 (2016),
- Dabrowski, R. Chrapkiewicz, W. Wasilewski, Hamiltonian design in readout from room-temperature Raman atomic memory, Opt. Express 22, 26076 (2014),
- Dabrowski, M. Parniak, D. Pecak, R. Chrapkiewicz, W. Wasilewski, Spontaneous and parametric processes in warm rubidium vapours, Latvian J. Phys. Tech. Sci. 51, 21 (2014),