Short Biography :
After his engineering degree at Institut d’Optique and his Master degree at Ecole Polytechnique, Quentin Glorieux went to graduate school at the Paris Diderot University. In 2010, he earned a PhD in Quantum Optics at the laboratory Matériaux et Phénomènes Quantiques under the supervision of Pr Thomas Coudreau. During his PhD, he demonstrated the generation of multispatial mode entangled states using four-wave mixing in hot atomic vapors. In 2010, he joined Paul Lett’s group at NIST in Gaithersburg as a postdoctoral fellow in the Laser Cooling group directed by William Phillips.
Quentin Glorieux was awarded a Marie Curie European IOF fellowship in 2011 to initiate a project on Multimode Quantum Memories with the NIST, the Australian National University and the group of Nicolas Gisin at University of Geneva. In September 2013, Quentin Glorieux has started a position of Associate Professor at Sorbonne University in Paris as a member of the Laboratoire Kastler Brossel (LKB).
In 2015, Quentin Glorieux received the City of Paris Young Scientist “Emergences” Award which provides fundings to start an independent research group. Since then, he conducts two experimental activities on :
- Nanophotonics : studying the coupling of single-photon emitters to nanostructures such as nanofiber
- Quantum fluid of light : investigating superfluidity of light propagating in atomic media
He has co-authored 56 publications in international peer reviewed journals (h=19, ~1200 citations) and 5 publications in international peer reviewed conference proceedings.
In 2018, he has been nominated Junior Fellow at the Institut Universitaire de France (IUF) for a duration of 5 years.
Download & Links:
Research Interests :
- Analogue cosmological particle creation in an ultracold quantum fluid of light
- Analogue quantum simulation of the Hawking effect in a polariton superfluid
Jacquet, Maxime and Joly, Malo and Claude, Ferdinand and Giacomelli, Luca and Glorieux, Quentin and Bramati, Alberto and Carusotto, Iacopo and Giacobino, Elisabeth. The European Physical Journal D 76, 1–15 (2022) – Open access link
- Highly Photostable Perovskite Nanocubes: Toward Integrated Single Photon Sources Based on Tapered Nanofibers
Pierini, Stefano and D’Amato, Marianna and Goyal, Mayank and Glorieux, Quentin and Giacobino, Elisabeth and Lhuillier, Emmanuel and Couteau, Christophe and Bramati, Alberto. ACS Photonics 7, 2265-2272 (2020) – Open access link
- Parallel dark soliton pair in a bistable 2D exciton-polariton superfluid. G. Lerario, L. V. Koniakhin, A. Maıtre, D. Solnyshkov, A. Zilio,Q. Glorieux, G. Malpuech,E. Giacobino, S. Pigeon, A. Bramati. arXiv:2003.11408, Physical Review Research (2020).
- Interferences between Bogoliubov excitations in superfluids of light. Q. Fontaine, P-E. Larre, G. Lerario, T. Bienaime, S. Pigeon, D. Faccio, I. Carusotto, E.Giacobino, A. Bramati,Q. Glorieux. arXiv:2005.14328, Physical Review Research (2020).
- Taming the snake instabilities in a polariton superfluid. F. Claude, S. V. Koniakhin, A. Maitre, S. Pigeon, G. Lerario, D. D. Stupin,Q. Glorieux,E. Giacobino, D. Solnyshkov, G. Malpuech, A. Bramati. arXiv:2010.13206, Optica (2020).
- Dark-soliton molecules in an exciton-polariton superfluid. A. Maitre, G. Lerario, A. Medeiros, F. Claude, Q. Glorieux, E. Giacobino, S. Pigeon, A.Bramati. arXiv:2001.10653, Physical Review X (2020).
- Polariton fluids for analogue gravity physics. M. J. Jacquet, F. Claude, A. Maitre, T. Boulier, E. Cancellieri, C. Adrados, A. Amo, S.Pigeon, Q. Glorieux, A. Bramati, E. Giacobino. Phil. Tr. of the Royal Society A, (2020).
- Microcavity Polaritons for Quantum Simulation. T. Boulier, M. J. Jacquet, A. Maitre, G. Lerario, F. Claude, S. Pigeon, Q. Glorieux, A. Amo, J. Bloch, A. Bramati, E. Giacobino. Advanced Quantum Technologies, 202000052, (2020).
- Vortex stream generation and enhanced propagation in a polariton superfluid.G. Lerario, A. Maitre, R. Boddeda,Q. Glorieux, E. Giacobino, S. Pigeon, A. Bramati. Physical Review Research 2, 023049, (2020).
- Stationary quantum vortex street in a driven-dissipative quantum fluid of light. S. V. Koniakhin, O. Bleu, D. D. Stupin, S. Pigeon, A. Maitre, G. Lerario,Q. Glorieux,A. Bramati, D. Solnyshkov, G. Malpuech. Physical Review Letters 123, 215301, (2019).
- Attenuation-free non-diffracting Bessel beams. Q. Fontaine, H. Hu, S. Pigeon, T. Bienaime, E Wu, Giacobino E., A. Bramati, Q. Glorieux. Optics Express 27, 30067, (2019).
- Observation of the Bogoliubov dispersion in a fluid of light, Q. Fontaine, T. Bienaime, S. Pigeon, E. Giacobino, A. Bramati, Q. Glorieux. Physical Review Letters, – Editors’ Suggestion, 121, 183604 , (2018).
- Injection of Orbital Angular Momentum and Storage of Quantized Vortices in Polariton Superfluids. T Boulier, E Cancellieri, N D Sangouard, Q Glorieux, AV Kavokin, D M Whittaker, E Giacobino, A Bramati, Physical Review Letters, 116, 116402 (2016)
- Localised excitation of a single photon source by a nanowaveguide. W. Geng, M Manceau, N Rahbany, V Sallet, M De Vittorio, L Carbone, Q Glorieux, A Bramati, C Couteau. Scientific Reports, 6 19721. (2016)
- Lattices of quantized vortices in polariton superfluids. T Boulier, E Cancellieri, N D Sangouard, R Hivet, Q Glorieux, E Giacobino, A Bramati. Comptes Rendus Physique de l’Académie des Sciences. 17, 893 (2016)
- Vortex Chain in a Resonantly Pumped Polariton Superfluid. T. Boulier, H. Terças, D. D. Solnyshkov, Q. Glorieux, E. Giacobino, G. Malpuech, A. Bramati. Scientific Reports 5, 9230 (2015).
- Highly photostable Perovskite nanocubes: toward integrated single photon sources basedon tapered nanofibers. S. Pierini, M. D’Amato, M. Goyal,Q. Glorieux, E. Giacobino, E. Lhuillier, C. Couteau, A. Bramati. ACS Photonics 7, 2265−2272, (2020)
- Nanofiber based displacement sensor. C. Ding, M. Joos, C. Bach, E. Giacobino, E Wu, A. Bramati,Q. Glorieux. Applied Physics B 126, 103, (2020).
- Hybrid device for quantum nanophotonics. S. Pierini, M. D’Amato, M. Joos, Q. Glorieux, E. Giacobino, E. Lhuillier, C. Couteau, A. Bramati. Journal of Physics. 1537, 012005, (2020).
- Fabrication and characterization of optical nanofiber interferometer and resonator for the visible range. C. Ding, V. Loo, S. Pigeon, R. Gautier, M. Joos, E Wu, E. Giacobino, A. Bramati, Q. Glorieux. New Journal of Physics 21 073060, (2019)
- Full control of polarization in tapered optical nanofibers. M. Joos, A. Bramati, Q. Glorieux. Optics Express, 27, 18818 (2019).
- Imaging light scattered by a subwavelength nanofiber, from near field to far field, V Loo, G Blanquer, M Joos, Q Glorieux, Y De Wilde, and V Krachmalnicoff. Optics Express, 27, 350 (2018)
- Polarization Control of Linear Dipole Radiation Using an Optical Nanofiber. M. Joos, C. Ding, V. Loo, G. Blanquer, E. Giacobino, A. Bramati, V. Krachmalnicoff, Q. Glorieux. Physical Review Applied, 9, 064035 (2018).
- CdSe/CdS dot–in–rods nanocrystals fast blinking dynamics. M. Manceau, S. Vezzoli, Q. Glorieux, E. Giacobino L. Carbone, M. De Vittorio J- P. Hermier, A. Bramati. ChemPhysChem, 19, 1. (2018).
- Exciton Fine Structure of CdSe/CdS Nanocrystals Determined by Polarization Microscopy at Room Temperature. S. Vezzoli, M. Manceau, G. Lemenager, Q. Glorieux, E. Giacobino, L. Carbone, M. De Vittorio, A. Bramati. ACS Nano 9, 7992 (2015).
- Localised excitation of a single photon source by a nanowaveguide. W. Geng, M. Manceau, N, Rahbany, V. Sallet, M. De Vittorio, L. Carbone, Q. Glorieux, A. Bramati, C. Couteau. Scientific Reports 6, 19721 (2015).
- Effect of charging on CdSe/CdS dot-in-rods single-photon emission. M Manceau, S Vezzoli, Q Glorieux, F Pisanello, E Giacobino, L Carbone, M De Vittorio, A Bramati, Physical Review B, 90 035311 (2014)
- Photonic crystal nanobeam cavities with optical resonances around 800 nm. I. Saber, R. Boddeda, F. Raineri, D. Sanchez, G. Beaudoin, I. Sagnes,Q. Glorieux, A.Bramati, J.A. Levenson, K. Bencheikh. JOSA B, 36, 1823 (2019).
- Generating strong anti-bunching by interfering with coherent states. R. Boddeda,Q. Glorieux, A. Bramati, S. Pigeon. Journal of Physics B 52, 215401, (2019).
- Quantum Mutual Information of an Entangled State Propagating through a Fast-Light Medium. J.B. Clark, R.T. Glasser, Q. Glorieux, U. Vogl, T. Li, and P. D. Lett, Nature Photonics 8, 515-519 (2014).
- Advanced Quantum noise correlations. U. Vogl, R.T. Glasser, J.B. Clark, Q. Glorieux, T. Li, N. Corzo-Trejo, and P. D. Lett, New Journal of Physics 16, 013011 (2014).
- Rotation of the noise ellipse for vacuum squeezed light generated via phase sensitive four-wave-mixing in a hot atomic vapor. Q. Glorieux, N. Corzo-Trejo, and P. D. Lett, Phys. Rev. A 88, 043836, (2013).￼
- Experimental characterization of Gaussian quantum discord generated by four-wave mixing, U. Vogl, R. T. Glasser, Q. Glorieux, J. B. Clark, N. Corzo-Trejo, and P. D. Lett, Phys. Rev. A Rapid Communication 87, 010101 (2013). ￼
- Generation of pulsed bipartite entanglement using four-wave mixing, Q. Glorieux, J. B. Clark, N. Corzo-Trejo, and P. D. Lett, New Journal of Physics 14, 123024 (2012). ￼
- Extracting Spatial Information from Noise Measurements of Multi-Spatial-Mode Quantum States, A. M. Marino, J. B. Clark, Q. Glorieux and P. D. Lett, European Journal of Physics D 66:288 (2012).￼
- Imaging with the quantum noise properties of light, J. Clark, Z. Zhou, Q. Glorieux, K. Jones, A. Marino, P.D. Lett, Optics Express, 20, 15, pp. 17050-17058 (2012).￼
- Quantum correlations by four–wave mixing in an atomic vapor in a non-amplifying regime: a quantum beam splitter for photons, Q. Glorieux, S. Guibal, L. Guidoni, J-P. Likforman, T. Coudreau, Phys. Rev. A, 84, 5, 053826 (2011).￼
- Time-resolved detection of relative-intensity squeezed nanosecond pulses in an 87 Rb vapor, I. Agha, C. Giarmatzi, Q. Glorieux, T. Coudreau, P. Grangier, G. Messin, New J. Phys. 13 043030 (2011).￼
- Double-lambda microscopic model for entangled light generation by four-wave-mixing, Q. Glorieux, R. Dubessy, S. Guibal, L. Guidoni, J-P. Likforman, T. Coudreau, Phys. Rev. A 82, 033819 (2010).￼
- Temporally multiplexed storage of images in a gradient echo memory, Q. Glorieux, J. B. Clark, A. M. Marino, Z. Zhou, and P. D. Lett, Optics Express 20, 11, 12350, (2012)
- Storing a short movie in an atomic vapor Q. Glorieux, J. B. Clark, A. M. Marino, Z. Zhou, and P. D. Lett, SPIE Newsroom. (2012).
- Spatially addressable readout and erasure of an image in a gradient echo memory, J. B. Clark, Q. Glorieux, and P. D. Lett, Special Issue on Quantum Memories. New Journal of Physics 15, 035005 (2013).￼
- Gradient Echo Memory in an ultra-high optical depth cold atomic ensemble. B. M. Sparkes, J. Bernu, M. Hosseini, J. Geng, Q. Glorieux, P. A. Altin, P. K. Lam, N. P. Robins, and B. C. Buchler, New Journal of Physics 15, 085027 (2013).￼
- An ultra-high optical depth cold atomic ensemble for quantum memories. BM. Sparkes, J. Bernu, M. Hosseini, J. Geng, Q. Glorieux, PA. Altin, PK. Lam, NP. Robins, BC. Buchler. Journal of Physics, 467 012009 (2013).
- Trapping and cooling of Sr+ ions: strings and large clouds, S. Removille, R. Dubessy, B. Dubost, Q. Glorieux, T. Coudreau, S. Guibal, J-P. Likforman and L. Guidoni, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 42, 154014 (2009).￼
- Photoionisation loading of large Sr+ ion clouds with ultrafast pulses, S. Removille, R. Dubessy, Q. Glorieux, S. Guibal, T. Coudreau, L. Guidoni and J.-P. Likforman, Applied Phys. B. 97, 47-52 (2009).￼