Valentina Parigi obtained her PhD at LENS (European Laboratory for Non-Linear Spectroscopy) in Florence under the supervision of Marco Bellini. During her PhD she worked on generation, manipulation and characterization of non-classical states of light and she realized the first experimental test on quantum commutation rules.
On 2010 she joined as a post-doc the group led by Philippe Granger at the Institut d’Optique. She worked on the project which aims to implement non-linear effects at the single photon level by exploiting the long-range interactions in ensemble of Rydberg atoms.
On 2013 she worked as a post-doc with Julien Laurat at LKB on an atomic quantum memory for vector beams. On 2014 she worked with Valentina Krachmalnicoff and Yannick De Wilde on near-field characterization of disordered nanostructures.
Since 2015 she is Associate Professor in the Quantum Optics group at LKB, working in the Multimode Quantum Optics team.
- V. Parigi, E. Perros, G. Binard, C. Bourdillon, A. Maître, R. Carminati, V. Krachmalnicoff, and Y. De Wilde, Near-field to far-field characterization of speckle patterns generated by disordered nanomaterials, Opt. Express, 24, 7019 (2016)
- V. Parigi, V. D’Ambrosio, C. Arnold, L. Marrucci, F. Sciarrino and J. Laurat, Storage and retrieval of vector beams of light in a multiple-degree-of-freedom quantum memory, Nature Communications 6, 7706 (2015).
- E. Bimbard, R. Boddeda, N. Vitrant, A. Grankin, V. Parigi, J. Stanojevic, A. Ourjoumtsev, and P. Grangier, Homodyne tomography of a single photon retrieved on demand from a cavity-enhanced cold atom memory, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 033601 (2014).
- J. Stanojevic, V. Parigi, E. Bimbard, A. Ourjoumtsev, and P. Grangier, Dispersive optical non-linearities in a Rydberg electromagnetically- induced- transparency medium, Phys. Rev. A 88, 053845 (2013).
- V. Parigi, E. Bimbard, J. Stanojevic, A. J. Hilliard, F. Nogrette, R. Tualle-Brouri, A. Ourjoumtsev, and P. Grangier, Observation and Measurement of Interaction-Induced Dispersive Optical Nonlinearities in an Ensemble of Cold Rydberg Atoms, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 233602 (2012).
- J. Stanojevic, V. Parigi, E. Bimbard, A. Ourjoumtsev, P. Pillet, and P. Grangier, Generating non-Gaussian states using collisions between Rydberg polaritons, Phys. Rev. A 86, 021403(R) (2012).
- J. Stanojevic, V. Parigi, E. Bimbard, R. Tualle-Brouri, A. Ourjoumtsev, and P. Grangier, Controlling the quantum state of a single photon emitted from a single polariton, Phys. Rev. A 84, 053830 (2011).
- A. Zavatta, V. Parigi, M.S. Kim, H. Jeong, and M. Bellini, Experimental Demonstration of the Bosonic Commutation Relation via Superpositions of Quantum Operations on Thermal Light Fields, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 140406, (2009).
- V. Parigi, A. Zavatta, and M. Bellini, Implementation of single-photon creation and annihilation operators: experimental issues in their application to thermal states of light, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 42, 114005, (2009).
- A. Cere, V. Parigi, M. Abad, F. Wolfgramm, A. Predojevic and M. W. Mitchell, Narrowband tunable filter based on velocity-selective optical pumping in an atomic vapor, Opt. Lett. 34, 1012, (2009).
- M. S. Kim, H. Jeong, A. Zavatta, V. Parigi and M. Bellini, Scheme to prove the bosonic commutation relation using single-photon interference, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 260401 (2008).
- A. Zavatta, V. Parigi, M. S. Kim and M. Bellini, Subtracting photons from arbitrary light fields:experimental test of coherent state invariance by single photon annihilation, New Journal of Physics 10, 123006 (2008).
- A. Zavatta, V. Parigi, and M. Bellini, Toward quantum frequency combs: Boosting the generation of highly nonclassical light states by cavity-enhanced parametric downconversion at high repetition rates, Phys. Rev. A 78, 033809 (2008).
- T. Kiesel, W. Vogel, V. Parigi, A. Zavatta and M. Bellini, Experimental determination of a nonclassical Glauber-Sudarshan P function, Phys. Rev. A 78, 021804(R) (2008).
- V. Parigi, A. Zavatta, and M. Bellini, Manipulating thermal light states by the controlled addition and subtraction of single photons, Laser Physics Letters 5, 246-251 (2008).
- V. Parigi, A. Zavatta, M.S. Kim and M. Bellini, Probing Quantum Commutation Rules by Addition and Subtraction of Single Photons to/from a Light Field, Science 317, 1890 (2007).
- A. Zavatta, V. Parigi and M. Bellini, Experimental nonclassicality of single-photonadded- thermal light states, Phys. Rev. A 75, 052106 (2007).
- M. D’Angelo, A. Zavatta, V. Parigi and M. Bellini, Remotely prepared single-photon time-encoded ebits: homodyne tomography characterization,Journal of Modern Optics 53 (16-17), 2259-2270 (2006).
- A. Zavatta, M. D’Angelo, V. Parigi and M. Bellini, Two-mode homodyne tomography of time-encoded single-photon ebits, Laser Physics 16 (11), 1501- 1507 (2006).
- M. D’Angelo, A. Zavatta, V. Parigi and M. Bellini, Tomographic test of Bell inequality for a time-delocalized single photon, Phys. Rev. A 74, 052114 (2006).
- A. Zavatta, M. D’Angelo, V. Parigi and M. Bellini, Remote preparation of arbitrary time encoded single-photon ebits, Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 020502 (2006).