Maul A., Blümler P., Nacher P.-J., Otten E., Tastevin G., and Heil W.
Phys. Rev. A (2018) 98, 063405 [12 pages]
Comprenons-nous vraiment la mécanique quantique ?
(EDP Sciences – Savoirs Actuels – 2nd ed., 2018)
Jules Grücker has defended his “Habilitation à diriger les recherches”, entitled “Metastable Solid and Liquid Helium-4”, on Nov.30, 2018.
Ali Dia (PSL Research University & St Joseph Universiy of Beirut, Lebanon) has joined the group for co-supervised PhD work on laser optical pumping of helium at low field (Nov. 2017 – Nov. 2020).
Polarised helium - Low field MRI
Skilled and motivated students are welcome to join our investigations on low field MRI with laser polarised ³He gas or thermally polarised water. Work may focus on the impact of concomitant field gradients on image quality, or investigate the short-pulse limit and revisit the Bloch-Siegert effect in NMR. This topic is open for PhD.
Polarised helium - Liquid NMR
Skilled and motivated students are welcome to join our investigations on liquid NMR in laser polarised ³He-⁴He dilute solutions. Work will deal with recently observed non linear NMR dynamics and focus on the comparison between experimental and numerical data. This topic is not (yet) open for PhD.
2018-2019 - M1 level internships
Skilled and motivated students are welcome to join on-going investigations. M1-level students may contribute to:
- Investigation of the impact of concomitant field gradients on image quality in low field MRI
- Investigation of collisional processes in helium discharges using laser spectrocopy
- Implementation of annular beam shaping for helium laser optical pumping
We are always looking for brillant motivated scientists to join our group.
Check the open positions (see above) or send us your CV for application.
- Jules Grucker : jules.grucker at lkb.ens.fr
- Philippe Jacquier : philippe.jacquier at lkb.ens.fr
- An Qu : an.qu at lkb.ens.fr
- Franck Laloë : laloe at lkb.ens.fr
- Pierre-Jean Nacher : nacher at lkb.ens.fr
- Geneviève Tastevin : genevieve.tastevin at lkb.ens.fr