Thibaut Jacqmin is a former student of Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan and was recruited as a research associate professor in 2014 at Laboratoire Kastler Brossel and Université Pierre et Marie Curie. He achieved a PhD thesis within the team of Isabelle Bouchoule at Laboratoire Charles Fabry (Orsay University) on ultracold one-dimensionnal Bose gases. He obtained several cutting-edge results, notably the experimental realization of a strongly interacting 1D Bose gas on a atom chip, and the first observation of a quasi-condensate in the regime where quantum fluctuations are important. He then moved to Laboratoire de Photonique et de Nanostructures (CNRS) where he studied polaritons in arrays of micro-cavities: in particular he realized a graphene simulator based on a honeycomb lattice of such microstructures, and performed the first direct observation of flat energy bands in 2D and 1D systems.
- High-finesse Fabry-Perot cavities with bidimensional Si3N4 photonic-crystal slabs. X. Chen, C. Chardin, K. Makles, C. Caër, S. Chua, R. Braive, I. Robert-Philip, T. Briant, P.-F. Cohadon, A. Heidmann, T. Jacqmin, S. Deléglise, Nature Light: Science and Applications (2016)
- Bosonic Condensation and Disorder-Induced Localization in a Flat Band. F. Baboux, L. Ge, T. Jacqmin, M. Biondi, E. Galopin, A. Lemaître, L. Le Gratiet, I. Sagnes, S. Schmidt, H. E. Türeci, A. Amo, and J. Bloch, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 066402
Publications within the Virgo collaboration
- GW150914: First results from the search for binary black hole coalescence with Advanced LIGO. The Ligo and Virgo Collaborations. Phys. Rev. D 93 122003
- Observing gravitational-wave transient GW150914 with minimal assumptions. The Ligo and Virgo Collaborations. Phys. Rev. D. 93 122004
- Tests of General Relativity with GW150914. The Ligo and Virgo Collaborations. Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 221101
- GW150914: Implications for the stochastic gravitational-wave background from binary black holes. The Ligo and Virgo Collaborations. Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 131102
- GW150914: The Advanced LIGO Detectors in the Era of First Discoveries. The Ligo and Virgo Collaborations. Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 131103
- Astrophysical implications of the binary black hole merger GW150914. The Ligo and Virgo Collaborations. The Astrophysical Journal Letters 818 L22
- Observation of gravitational waves from a binary black hole merger. The Ligo and Virgo Collaborations. Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 061102
- Spin-Orbit Coupling for Photons and Polaritons in Microstructures. V. G. Sala, D. D. Solnyshkov, I. Carusotto, T. Jacqmin, A. Lemaître, H. Terças, A. Nalitov, M. Abbarchi, E. Galopin, I. Sagnes, J. Bloch, G. Malpuech, and A. Amo. Phys. Rev. X 5, 011034
- Edge states in polariton honeycomb lattices. M. Milićević, T. Ozawa, P. Andreakou, I. Carusotto, T. Jacqmin, E. Galopin, A. Lemaître, L. Le Gratiet, I. Sagnes, J. Bloch. 2D Materials 2 034012
- Direct Observation of Dirac Cones and a Flatband in a Honeycomb Lattice for Polaritons. T. Jacqmin, I. Carusotto, I. Sagnes, M. Abbarchi, D. D. Solnyshkov, G. Malpuech, E. Galopin, A. Lemaître, J. Bloch, and A. Amo. Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 116402
- Fractal Energy Spectrum of a Polariton Gas in a Fibonacci Quasiperiodic Potential. D. Tanese, E. Gurevich, F. Baboux, T. Jacqmin, A. Lemaître, E. Galopin, I. Sagnes, A. Amo, J. Bloch, and E. Akkermans. Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 146404
- Probing correlations in a one-dimensional gas of bosons on an atom chip. Thibaut Jacqmin. PhD thesis (in english)
- Momentum distribution of one-dimensional Bose gases at the quasicondensation crossover: Theoretical and experimental investigation. Thibaut Jacqmin, Bess Fang, Tarik Berrada, Tommaso Roscilde, and Isabelle Bouchoule. Phys. Rev. A 86, 043626
- Sub-Poissonian Fluctuations in a 1D Bose Gas: From the Quantum Quasicondensate to the Strongly Interacting Regime. Thibaut Jacqmin, Julien Armijo, Tarik Berrada, Karen V. Kheruntsyan, and Isabelle Bouchoule. Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 230405
- Mapping out the quasicondensate transition through the dimensional crossover from one to three dimensions. J. Armijo, T. Jacqmin, K. Kheruntsyan, and I. Bouchoule. Phys. Rev. A 83, 021605(R)
Probing Three-Body Correlations in a Quantum Gas Using the Measurement of the Third Moment of Density Fluctuations J. Armijo, T. Jacqmin, K. V. Kheruntsyan, and I. Bouchoule. Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 230402
Communication in international conferences
- Invited talk at the 11th international Conference on Laser-light and Interactions with Particles
- Quantum nanocrystal as an efficient single photon source, Invited Oral Presentation at East China Normal University ECNU, Shanghai, China (2015).
- Effect of charging on CdSe/CdS dot-in-rods single-photon emission, Invited Oral Presentation – ICSS – Nano 2014, Hong-Kong, China
- Injection of angular momentum in a polariton superfluid. Poster – ICAP 2014, Washington, USA.
- Polariton-generated intensity squeezing in semiconductor micropillars. Poster – ICSCE 7, 2014, Hakone, Japan.
- Propagation of bipartite entangled state through a negative refractive index medium. Talk – Non-Linear Optics. OSA Meeting, 2013, Hawaii, USA.
- Quantum mutual information of an entangled state through a negative refractive index medium. Poster – ICOLS, 2013, Berkeley, USA.
- Temporally multiplexed storage of images in a Gradient Echo Memory, Poster – ICAP, 2012, Palaiseau, France.
- Atomic diffusion effects on the coherent storage of an image using a gradient echo memory in a warm atomic vapor, Talk – CLEO, 2012, San Jose, CA, USA
- Four-wave-mixing in hot atomic vapor for spatially multimode squeezed light generation, Post deadline talk – International Conference on Quantum Information 2011, Ottawa, Canada.
- Quantum correlations between intense beams using four-wave mixing in atomic vapor: theory and experiments, Talk – European/French Israeli Symposium on Nonlinear and Quantum Optics 2011, Aussois, France.
- Generation of twin beams using four-wave mixing: theory and experiments, Talk – APS Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics Meeting 2010, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Trapping and cooling of Sr+ ions: strings and large clouds, Poster – APS Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics Meeting 2010, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Strong quantum correlations in four wave mixing in 85Rb vapor : theory and experiments, Talk , Photonics Europe 2010, Brussels, Belgium.
- Trapped Sr+ ions for quantum information, Talk – IFRAF Conference of Quantum Physics with Atoms and Photons 2009 , Les Houches, France.
- Towards a Quantum memory in trapped ions, Talk , Modern Applications of Trapped Ions 2008, Les Houches, France.
- Cold atoms experiment with Yb, Poster, 2007, School of Physics : Quantum Optics , Les Houches, France.